Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

In Good Times and Bad...

I've June 2000, Scott and I met, romantically enough, in a bar. We happened to be out with mutual friends and happened to meet around closing time. I remember thinking how handsome (and tall) he was! We talked into the early morning and went on our first date just 2 days later.

That was it. I was smitten. After about a month, I knew this man was the love of my life. We dated for 3 years and were married April 12, 2003. 

After just a year, Scott decided that he needed to serve our country. He signed up with the Army Reserve in the summer of 2004. It was a rough time for us. I'll admit, I was hurt and angry that he would choose to do this. He soon left for boot camp (6 months in Missouri) and I was alone. Friends were great to try and keep me busy. This is the time where Lisa and I really became family. She and Erik were my family here in Wylie. I don't know what I would have ever done without them.

He came home for Christmas skinny, bald, and pale. I remember joking that he looked like a cancer patient. Little did I know I would look similar all these years later, but with actual cancer.

Scott deployed to Iraq when I was six months pregnant and returned 3 days before Bella was born. He then left when she was 12 days old. I remember holding my tiny daughter and bawling as we waved goodbye to him boarding the plane. 

Scott and I by no means have a perfect marriage. We've had our ups and downs. We've survived and thrived through two deployments, a miscarriage, two beautiful children and now breast cancer. God chose the perfect man to stand by my side, hold my hand and comfort me through all the tough times. That just makes the good ones that much sweeter. 

My Scott has truly lived up to the vows we took almost thirteen years ago. I'm blessed! I love him more than he will ever know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik