Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Just the Beginning...

This has been a fast and furious journey and we've only just begun. About two weeks ago, after the Garth Brooks concert, I found a lump in my right breast. It felt like a golfball in there. I made an appointment with my Ob/Gyn and he sent me for a diagnostic mammogram and possible sonogram. After getting my breast flattened to an inch in my 3D mammogram, I could clearly see the mass on the screen before me. They shuffled me to a sonogram where the Dr. confirmed that it was not a cyst, but a solid mass and a needle biopsy was needed to determine if it was cancer. 

On Monday, Scott went with me for the biopsy. Something in me already knew it was cancer. I can't explain it other that I just knew. The wait was on with a results appointment on Thursday afternoon. I think I was already grieving because I knew the verdict. As soon as we arrived, a nurse navigator took us to a room with a table and a box of kleenex...never a good sign.

She delivered the news. Breast cancer--Invasive Ductal Cell Carcinoma. 

Scott and I held each other and began to process the frightening news. How were we going to tell our parents and our kids?

After hours of crying and being unable to speak to those we love, we got ourselves together and faced the news. I decided to get the news out there so it wasn't going word of mouth. It just seemed easier this way. I've had my days to wallow and be sad and now I'm ready to fight!  I am set up with an appointment for this coming Monday with the breast surgeon. She ordered an MRI that I had yesterday after FIVE IV attempts!  I feel like a pin cushion.Hopefully, we will know more about the plan after that.

Thanks to all the amazing emails, texts, and facebook messages from all my friends. I feel so much love and support. I can't imagine living or working in any other place. I'm where God needs me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik