Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Time is Ticking Down...

I am now feeling much better about the "new plan." Surgery is set for March 2! That is coming up so soon. I'm more excited at this point than nervous. I have a pre-op appointment with both the breast surgeon and plastic surgeon in the week prior surgery. Here is a video showing the options and how breast reconstruction works. I am not having any of the flaps, mine should be implants only.

I have also been watching some YouTube videos that show what the expanders look like after the mastectomy. I'll attach a link so if you are interested you can check it out. Here is one that is 3 months post-op. She shows what they first looked like after surgery and then how they look 3 months later. I wasn't prepared for how awkward they look and how hard. I've heard the expanders are really uncomfortable, but they look like solid rocks attached to your body.

I am starting to shop for satin jammies (they help you slide out of bed easier) and soft, loose, button front or zipper front shirts. I guess I can finish binge-watching House of Cards while I am laid up.

So let the countdown begin.

Much love to all of you.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik